Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Homemade Body Wash

I know, it was a busy weekend for Pinterest experiments and the next one was for body wash.  Very inexpensive.  So here goes:

You need: 16 cups of water, 8 ozs of bar soap, (I used 3 bars of soap I found at a local bargain shop 3/$1). I had to use 3  90g bars.  2 Tbsp glycerin.

First, grate the soap

Done, 3 bars.  At this point add water and glycerin.

Heat on medium heat until all melted.  Doesn't take long.

Take off heat and let cool for 10 to 12 hrs.  Of course my son was home for the weekend and did the finger test,  I let mine set for 12 hrs.

It was quite solid at this point, so I put a little at a time in my mixer, add water until it reaches desired consistency, it doesn't take much.  The only thing, I really didn't care to have smelly things in my mixer, just me.

Hint, have a funnel.  I got this much body wash.  It doesn't suds up like you would expect, but it worked fine and I have enough to last awhile, haha, so I will use it all.

1 comment:

  1. i am going to try that out! i like all the ideas:)

    ReplyDelete

I am happy so many enjoy my blog. The positive comments are encouraging. Thanks!