Saturday, February 18, 2012

Crockpot Spagetti Squash

My next experiment this week was to try spagetti squash which i have never tried before, and squash being my favorite vegetable even with it being the hardest to peel I decide to try it.  So I decided to try it.  So I had different options, to microwave, bake or crockpot.  So I decided to cook it in my crockpot.  So I cut it in half put it in, added 2 cups of water and let it cook on low for 7 hours.  Simple, so I did it, being the first time.  I think I should have baked it, but to late.  I was expecting the summer squash flavor but it was quite different.  I sauted up some green peppers and onions, when it was finished, added these, then some cheese.  But the flavor wasn't there for me.  I add some sugar, I know, but I add sugar to my summer squash and I love it.  Anyway I ate half of it, and it's all I could do.  I won't give it a low rating, I will try it another way, sometime.

First I cut it in half and cleaned out the centre.

After 7 hours in slow cooker.

It came out so easy with a fork.

I sauteed some peppers and onions.

Added some cheese.  Maybe I was thinking it should taste like spagetti, I don't know, the brain plays tricks on you.

1 comment:

I am happy so many enjoy my blog. The positive comments are encouraging. Thanks!