Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Homemade Scallop Potatoes

Well my last thing for the day before I go to my grandsons Christmas concert is to make a homemade scallop potato.  So I thought I would share, and with citrus dill haddock and farmers carrots on the side.  I got my potatoes from a local farmer, and they can't be beat for flavour.  So here goes.

Okay, first get 6 medium potatoes, and grease your casserole dish.

Planning ahead and having everything ready is a good thing.  I dice the potatoes and set them aside in cold water.

Very simple ingredients,  In dish add 3 Tbsp flour, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper.

1/4 cup onion, I love this little black & decker chopper my son gave me for little jobs.

Heat 3 Tbsp margarine, I used Becel salt free.

Over medium heat, add onion and cook 2 minutes.

After 2 minutes add the flour mixture and quickly stir in.

Looks like this.

Take off burner, add 2 1/2 cups milk, stir in and place back on burner and stir constantly until it comes to a boil, still on meduim heat.  This step takes time but thickens as it is cooking.  When it comes to a boil, boil and stir for 1 minute.

Take your milk off of burner, drain your potatoes and put in casserole.

Pour milk mixture over top, make sure it covers the potatoes.

Cook covered 350 degrees for 30 minutes, then remove cover and continue to cook for 60 to 70 minutes until done.

Next I decided to try this, I got it free with my fish purchase.  I didn't make the rice only wanted the seasoning.

Just press your fish in the crumbs and transfer to foil lined pre-sprayed pan.

Cook 350 degrees for 8 to 15 minutes.  I cook mine the longest time.

Dinner is served, how satisfying.  Happy cooking everyone.

2 comments:

  1. It looks so yummy Nancy! You've made me hungry! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg that looks sooo good!!!! im making that soon.lol

    ReplyDelete

I am happy so many enjoy my blog. The positive comments are encouraging. Thanks!