Saturday, February 18, 2012

Homemade Toothpaste

My next venture this weekend was to make and try some homemade toothpaste that I had seen on our local morning show called CTV Morning Live.  Use to be called BT.  Love that show, they have even put a couple of my photos on, that's a plus right.  Anyway they had someone on from the Discovery Centre and had a recipe for toothpaste, so where I flip flop so much I decided I would like to try this.  There are so many chemicals in everything today I thought it was a good idea, so here goes.  And whether I do it on a regular basis or not, I don't know, it was just fun to try.  So the recipe is:

6 Tbsp baking soda
2 tbsp salt
glycern
mint flavor or mint and peppermint
Stir together

What I did was half it, where I was just trying it out.  I did 3 tbsp soda, with 1 tbsp sea salt, then I added some flavoring, then poured a little bit of blycern at a time until it got to the consistency I thought it should be.  Then tried it.  I was pleased and amazed at the results.  Hours later, my teeth still feel smooth and clean, I will definitely try this again.

Four simple ingredients.

Mix until it looks pastie.  Happy chemical teeth cleaning everyone!

3 comments:

  1. i want to try this.i like lookng at all theideas on here:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often brush my teeth with a little baking soda to keep them looking white! I love all these homemade recipes you are trying Nancy! And I keep meaning to mention to you that I love your blog banner with the seagull....that is such a beautiful picture! And thank you so much for the homemade Christmas card too. Your photos are so pretty! You are so talented! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete

I am happy so many enjoy my blog. The positive comments are encouraging. Thanks!