Thursday, November 24, 2011

Decorating More

Little by little I am getting out my Christmas things.  I like to work with the things I have already.  I usually don't have to go buy anything new.  Except for my tree this year but it was only a couple of new things.  And my husband already had bought me the bulbs after Christmas last year.  So here is my update for today.
I reuse things that have been given to me as gifts.  I was given this cute basket with some homemade peanut brittle!  And it was so good.  So of course I ate the treat and kept the basket and just put some bulbs in it.

Having some leftover bulbs this year, they look so cute as decorations, just put them anywhere.  I put the bigger ones in a flower vase, that of course was given to me.

Just setting a little can on top of a box looks so cute.  You don't have to be professional to have a nice display.

More of last years bulbs, I just put them in another vase and placed them on the floor by the tree.

I put my nice cinnamon scented pinecones on a tv tray, put some mini lights inside and whatever else to deck it out.

May I like my basket here, I love my table cloth I got at the NSCC flee market for a big $1. 

I always wanted cabinets low enough (well first so I could reach inside, because I am short) and secondly for the space on top

I just added some pine branches from my pine tree outside to my craft.

What was I thinking, snowmen without snow.  So I added the snow today.

Got my Dickens village set up.

And of course my special ornament, my cousin, Janet, who I miss very much gave to me.  I always say she is watching from my tree.  That's it for today, wonder what I will find tomorrow.  I hope you enjoy viewing as much as I enjoy showing.

2 comments:

  1. Nancy your decorating is wonderful! I love all the touches of greenery! That is such a cute ornmanet that Jan gave you! I miss her too! She loved Christmas. The last Christmas before she died, she gave the kids Christmas presents and I still have them. I cannot bear to give them away even though the kids have outgrown them! Have a wonderful weekend! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all the decorations! you do a really good job! i love the bulbs and the tin with the candy canes.

    ReplyDelete

I am happy so many enjoy my blog. The positive comments are encouraging. Thanks!