Saturday, May 4, 2013

Awesome Homemade Cornbread

I was given this recipe from a friend and it is the best. So I had to make it this week.  Problem is I ate most of it myself!  But I tweaked it as usual with the ingredients I had on hand, but it was still good!  So here goes:

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 c. sugar (I used splenda)
1/2 c. yellow cornmeal
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 c. plain low fat yogurt (I only had vanilla)
1/4 c. melted butter
3 tbsp. milk
1 large egg
2 tbsp. fruit sugar (I didn't have)
 
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cup & level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, cornmeal, baking powder & salt in a bowl stirring with a whisk. Make a well I the centre. Combine yogurt, melted butter, milk and egg, stirring with a whisk; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Place 12 muffin cup liners in muffin cups. Divide batter evenly among cups. Sprinkle batter evenly with fruit sugar, if desired. Bake at 375 F. for 20 mins. Cool on a wire rack.
I used a small loaf tin and cooked for 24 mins. Or until toothpick comes out clean. Also recipe can be multiplied up to four times. This was as good as any cornbread I have had at a restaurant. Good luck and enjoy!
 
Add dry ingredients together.
 
The egg, yogurt, milk & egg
 
Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Whisk together.
 
Put in loaf pan.
 
All done.
 
Problem, one piece is never enough.
 


1 comment:

  1. This looks so good Nancy! I really want to try this recipe! I love me a good cornbread! Happy Mother's Day! You are truly a wonderful wife & mother and I am so glad that Facebook has allowed us to keep in touch and get to know each other better! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete

I am happy so many enjoy my blog. The positive comments are encouraging. Thanks!