Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My Dukan Progress Report

Well I am almost halfway through the first 50 days of my consolidation phase of the diet and surprisingly doing just fine so far.  Have lost a total of 23 lbs.  We can add one celebration meal a week, the bread, fruit, one day of starches like potato or pasta, cheese.  But with adding things I have only had one celebration meal so far which was eating out in the City when we were there on the weekend.  I say feeling guilty when eating but I had so much appreciation for the meal.  The only down side I am having is I am flaring again due to colitis complications ever since I added bread.  So I will look for an edible gluten free bread where I am suspecting a gluten problem, but that doesn't have anything to do with the diet, it has to do with me.  But if not on the plan I wouldn't have noticed that when I eat bread I have major problems, because I was eating whatever came my way.  So I am back on meds for that, but hey I had 3 glorious months free and I will take that.  So now to keep on keeping on as they say and hope for the best.  As of Dec 28 I will have my first 50 days consolidation in and can start to increase more!  Got to like that.  And I plan on having a good piece of my homemade cheesecake over the holidays.  Now that my clothes are getting too big and I had to search out the smallest pants in my closet, my daughter tells me I look like I have a child butt and need new clothes, haha, gotta love it!  Anyway looking forward to the holidays, trying to stay positive and even though colitis steals your energy because it steals you iron, I will make it through and have a big smile the whole time.  Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy so many enjoy my blog. The positive comments are encouraging. Thanks!