Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Dukan Diet Part II

Well it has been 2 months since I started the Dukan Diet.  I have reached the goal they told be was best for my body, which I am happy with.  I have lost 21 pounds!  Can't believe it.  What it has done for me is make me more aware of what I put in my mouth, and get exercise back in my day.  I (we) eat better now then before.  Now I am at the stage where they call it the consolidation stage.  Where I have to be in this stage for 100 days I believe, where I start adding certain foods back in my diet and can have protein with vegs everyday, not one day protein/one protein, veg.  Which I will like because when it is protein day only, the choices are many.  I can add 2 slices of whole grain bread and a fresh fruit everyday!  I am excited about that, haha.  One thing about this diet is you actually taste you food again, and enjoy the flavor.  I haven't started the consolidation yet because I am worried to start gaining, I don't want to have wasted all this time and gain it back.  So I will continue to work hard and be the determined person I am and hope for the best results.  People would probably say it isn't safe but after the initial loss it slows down and comes off gradual.  My blood pressure has dropped big time!  My colitis, still in check.  So how can I complain.  My only down side is dizzy spells, but even they are getting better.  I didn't want to lose a big amount, just enough so I could feel comfortable in my own skin again.  So I can walk up a hill and not have pains in my neck.  To give myself a fighting chance to eat right, which I thought I was doing, but now I know I wasn't.  So I don't regret doing this at all, now I will let you know how the next step goes, fingers crossed.  Wish me luck.
On Our daughters graduation day, And we both felt good!

1 comment:

  1. you are doing really good on this diet! you can tell you have lost 20 lbs:)

    ReplyDelete

I am happy so many enjoy my blog. The positive comments are encouraging. Thanks!