Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My version of Lasagne

This is my homemade lasagne recipe, easy to make and a joy to eat!

9 or 12 noodles
1 lb hamburger
1 med onion, chopped
salt & pepper
28 oz tin plain spag sauce
5 1/2 oz tin tomato sauce
5 1/2 oz water
450 gr soft cheese (I use lasagne style cottage cheese)
2 large eggs lightly beaten
450 grams mozzarella cheese grated
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

Cook lasagne as package directions.  ( you can use oven ready, but I prefer to cook mine first).  Brown meat, onion in frying pan.  (You can add some garlic, but I don't).  Season with salt & pepper.  drain fat, combine spag sauce, & paste & water with meat, simmer 20 minutes.  Blend soft cheese (cottage) with eggs.  Spread thin layer of meat sauce on bottom of pan.  Top with 3 strips of lasagne length wise, close together.  Place 1/3 of  following in order:  meat sauce, soft cheese, mozzarella.  Top with 2nd layer of noodles.  Continue layering.  On the very top put the meat sauce, mozzarella & parmesan sprinkled on top as the finishing touch.  Bake 350 degrees 30 minutes.  Let stand for 10.

What's even better is to have it with garlic bread and cesear salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy so many enjoy my blog. The positive comments are encouraging. Thanks!