Sunday, February 19, 2012

Give New Life To An Old Bear

My grandson has always had his favorite bear forever, (he is 6) ha.  But in the years the stuffing has disappeared.  I have patched the holes a couple of times for him that his dog so gently made.  Mind you the dog didn't want the bear, she only wanted the stuffing.  So he forgot his bear up here the last time we had a sleepover and I was thinking, what can I do to make this bear special.  So what I did was go to my basement, and in an old trunk there were some toys and such that belonged to him mom when she was little.  One toy I came across was a stuffed toy that her gramma made her, years ago.  So I didn't think my daughter or my mom would mind if I made a little incision in the toy and pulled out enough stuffing to fill Morgans bear back up.  Of course over the years it gathered a little basement smell, so I instead of putting it through the wash to put a couple of drops of lavender essence oil in the hole before I closed the incision.  He liked it.  He told his mom his bear looked healthy because he had a big belly, haha, out of the mouth of babes.  So now he has a treasure from his great grandmother.

Now isn't he just too cute!



3 comments:

  1. he loves it.he even takes it in the car with him now.he thinks it is so special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Good job Grammie! Tyler's Grammie has fixed a few of his lovey toys too! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete

I am happy so many enjoy my blog. The positive comments are encouraging. Thanks!