Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Blueberry Coffee Cake

I decided to make a coffee cake for a funeral reception we were having in our community.  I hope they liked it.



Mix together, 1 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup shortening, 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla, 3/4 cup milk.  Then add 2 cups of flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt.  Beat together, add 1 cup of blueberries, (I put some flour on the blueberies), gently stir them in and don't over stir, they will start to run.  I used frozen.

Grease and flour a tube pan, and put in pan.

Topping:  2 Tbsp flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 2 Tbsp butter.

Put this mixture on top.  And bake in oven preheated to 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

I had a bit of a problem getting the centre out, but i managed.  Let it sit to cool completely and it sliced up really nice.  I hope they enjoyed it, because it smelled so good!

1 comment:

I am happy so many enjoy my blog. The positive comments are encouraging. Thanks!