Saturday, February 5, 2011

Peters 50th

I got Peters cake at Sobeys, because they do the edible pictures.

This is Peters father, they always celebrated their birthdays together.  He passed away almost 6 yrs ago.  He would have been 94 on the 28th.  He thought the world of Peter and our children.  He also was a big part of my life.

My mom, who is like a second mom to Peter.  She knows she can count on him in any situation.

I always get the one piece fish & chips.  Doesn't look like much fries, but there is.

Our youngest child, Tyler.  Couldn't asked for better.

Our two beautiful daughters Kim and Jen.  We would trade them for anything.

Cheese.

Kim, her boyfriend Ryan, and Jen.

Jen & Tyler

Peters sister Judy and our grandson Cole. 

Peters sister Marion and husband David

This has been a big year for my husband.  The company he works for is suffering from the housing market downfall in the US so where they are US owned it has affected them.  They have held on as long as they could but they have finally made the decision to shut down.  They have been operating since the early 1900's, and it is sad to see a thriving company do this.  I have my own take on it but won't elaborate.  They have gone from 200 employees to 5 watchmen.  Peter would have been there 29 years in May.  Most of our married life he has spent there.  He started out as a heavy equipment mechanic, was put through many courses.  He finally got the job as what they call charge hand, over the men.  He was their top drill man for many years, (the drill being the equipment to drill in the rock to prepare for blowing) when they were down he was the one to look after it.  He has his air conditioning license.  Then when everything went downward in the states, the layoffs started.  This last year he did half charge hand then to security.  We are kind of relieved that we finally know where things stand.  There is nothing worse then not knowing what is going to happen.  So now he had to retire at 50 which he also turned on January 26th.  But he has lots of options, and will be planning his future.  He is to young to retire, he loves being busy.  He missed his chance to become a police officer, which would have been his dream job.  So I am kind of excited to see what the future will hold.  We decided to have his 50th over to Rosies Restaurant.  We wanted something bigger but he isn't for show, so he agreed to at least supper, so 14 of us went over and we had reservations but it was another stormy night in the Maritimes and Rosies was closed, so we had to go into their other section which was Paddy's Pub, which Peter also played soccer for that club.  They didn't have our reservation to they had to cram us in a corner, was very noisy (when we were 20, we probably would have been those people haha)  But the food was great and the company was great, so what is there to complain about, life always doesn't go as planned, so just go with life, sometimes that's where you get your most excitement.  I can't tell his birth story, Even though we have been together over 30 years and married 30 in August.  His sister told me he was the last one born, his mother was older, they had no more baby things so his grandfather had a Red Rose tea crate that the the loose tea use to come in years ago, and he made a cradle out of it.  It made due until they got a crib.  I think that is why he won't drink anything but Red Rose tea, hahaha.  He loved playing soccer, hockey, played hockey on the neighbourhood pond night after night.  (Wayne Gretzkey was born on the same day, maybe that's why he loves hockey so much) ha. You couldn't ask for a better father or husband.  I am glad he is in my life, and we have a lot to look forward to.  Can't wait.

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is interesting. I had the great pleasure of visiting him.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice!! i love reading your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Oh dear Jen I noticed my mistake on your picture! I meant WOULDN'T haha. I wouldn't trade my daughters for anything, haha. I need to proof read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Peter! The best things are yet to come...I am sure!! The party looked like a lot of fun and those fish & chips sure look yummy! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete

I am happy so many enjoy my blog. The positive comments are encouraging. Thanks!